Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Jonathan Linczak <li...@hiram.edu> on 2004/10/29 20:36:06 UTC

one more crack at LDAP

Hi all,

I know this has been a thorn in people's sides, but I want to take one
more crack at LDAP authentication.  I noticed that the default LDAP
files require that everything is under ou=People (according to
documentation here:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-lenya/LDAPAuth?
action=highlight&value=LDAP).  Well, I don't need this option.  What's
the best way to remove it so it doesn't expect this?

Jon

Re: one more crack at LDAP

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <ka...@interactivesystems.info>.
Jonathan Linczak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know this has been a thorn in people's sides, but I want to take one
> more crack at LDAP authentication.  I noticed that the default LDAP
> files require that everything is under ou=People (according to
> documentation here:  http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-lenya/LDAPAuth?
> action=highlight&value=LDAP).  Well, I don't need this option.  What's
> the best way to remove it so it doesn't expect this?

Jonathan,
it looks like you're raising a similar issue as Markus Anwander just
recently,
see
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lenya-user@cocoon.apache.org&msgId=1922757
and
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lenya-dev@cocoon.apache.org&msgId=1937653

I hope he is able to provide a patch, you could then apply that as a
quick-fix.
I will also try to reproduce your problem on my LDAP server, and if
Markus doesn't have time I will try to provide a patch asap.

Wolfgang