Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Patrick <me...@virginia.edu> on 2011/07/30 23:36:21 UTC

custom metadata

I have an application that creates tables in a derby database. Some of
the tables contain specific variables (i.e. predetermined column names)
and, therefore, are of a certain "type". Some functions in the
application only work with some "types" of tables. Is there a way to use
metadata to identify which "type" of table a user has selected?

Thanks

Re: custom metadata

Posted by Patrick Meyer <me...@gmail.com>.
The COMMENT ON feature is exactly what I need. I just added my vote in
favor of it.

In the meantime, I'll use Raymond's recommendation to check the column
names for my "type" of table.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations.

Re: custom metadata

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.