Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/01 16:29:11 UTC

[DRAFT] [REPORT] BookKeeper - May 2017

Hi all,

We have a board report due this month. Here is the draft.

Let me know if anything else that I need to add.

---

BookKeeper is a distributed, reliable, and high performance
logging service. It has been used as a fundamental service to build
high available and replicated services in companies like Twitter,
Yahoo and Salesforce. It is also the log segment store for Apache
DistributedLog (incubating) and message store for Yahoo Pulsar.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

- JV and Sijie gave a bookkeeper talk at linux #vault in March.
- A followup #vault interview about bookkeeper on linux.com
- BookKeeper Proposals are continuing accepting new proposals.

## Health report:

Release 4.5.0 is inprogress. We have been having healthy discussions around
the issues and features that need to be included in 4.5.0, including
security support,
netty 4 upgrade, weight-based placement policy and such.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 8 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Matteo Merli on Wed May 25 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 14 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Enrico Olivelli was added as a committer on Tue Mar 28 2017
    - Charan Reddy G was added as a committer on Fri Mar 31 2017

## Releases:

 - Last release was 4.4.0 on Sun May 15 2016

## Mailing list activity:

 - TODO Please explain what the following statistics mean
   for the project. If there is nothing significant in the figures, omit
this
   section.

 - dev@bookkeeper.apache.org:

 - issues@bookkeeper.apache.org:
    - 6 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)

 - user@bookkeeper.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: [DRAFT] [REPORT] BookKeeper - May 2017

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1. Looks good.  Thanks a lot for this.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Sent the report to the board.