Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Nicko Cadell <ni...@neoworks.com> on 2006/03/07 15:50:36 UTC

.NET 1.0 Managed C++ example fails to build

Hi all.

The 1 managed C++ example we have, which is at:

examples\net\1.0\Tutorials\ConsoleApp\cpp

has stopped building for me! (on 2 different machines) (NOTE This is
building under .NET 1.0 i.e. VS.NET 2002).

I am getting the following internal compiler error:

C:\work\svn_root\apache\log4net\trunk\examples\net\1.0\Tutorials\Console
App\cpp\src\AssemblyInfo.cpp(0) : fatal error C1001: INERNAL COMPILER
ERROR
   (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2844)
   Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++

The full compiler output (not much more) is attached.
As far as I can see this has something to do with the referenced
log4net.dll rather than the source code to the example. The example used
to compile and nothing has changed in the example. The example compiles
fine for me using the 1.1 C++ complier that shipped with VS.NET 2003.

Has anyone got this example compiling with the .NET 1.0 C++ compiler and
the latest checked in source code?

If not I may just 'promote' this example to .NET 1.1.

Cheers.
Nicko Cadell
log4net development
http://logging.apache.org/log4net