Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> on 2009/11/10 16:51:39 UTC

Possible problems with snapshot updates in Maven 3.0-alpha-3 (was Re: Re : [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0-alpha-3)

Julien HENRY schrieb:

> I don't know if it is related to Maven 3, but I'm not able to update to a newer SNAPSHOT that is available in my corporate repository, even by using the -U command line option. It seems Maven is not even asking the repository manager for a new version.

If you have -U specified and the maven-metadata-nexus.xml for this
parent POM in your local repo is not updated to match the one in your
Nexus, that's indeed a bug. I'll look into it for alpha-4.

Benjamin

Re: Possible problems with snapshot updates in Maven 3.0-alpha-3 (was Re: Re : [VOTE] Release Apache Maven 3.0-alpha-3)

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Benjamin Bentmann wrote:

> If you have -U specified and the maven-metadata-nexus.xml for this
> parent POM in your local repo is not updated to match the one in your
> Nexus, that's indeed a bug. I'll look into it for alpha-4.

Confirmed and tracked in [0]. If you like, CI already produced a fixed
snapshot [1].

Benjamin

[0] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4433
[1]