Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Trevor Powell <Tr...@rms.com> on 2017/11/21 05:44:35 UTC

Mesos schedulers

YoYo what up!
We have been running into resource fragmentation across our clusters. We have several small tasks and several large tasks.  And sometimes, the small tasks take away enough resources from a node, that a large task can not be placed there.  I believe bin packing should do the trick.
Is the regular mesos scheduler modifiable to support this? Or are their other scheduler options?
I know Netflix’s Fenzo does this. Others?

Thanks gang.

—
[id:image001.png@01D2FA4E.D74370C0]
Trevor Alexander Powell
Product Owner, Release+Platform Engineering
7575 Gateway Blvd. Newark, CA 94560
M: +1.650.325.7467

https://github.com/tpowell-rms
https://www.linkedin.com/in/trevorapowell
http://www.rms.com<http://www.rms.com/>

Re: Mesos schedulers

Posted by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.com>.
What do you mean under "the regular mesos scheduler"?