Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2019/08/19 21:55:44 UTC

Hadoop storage community online sync

For this week,
We will have Konstantin and the LinkedIn folks to discuss a recent project
that's been baking for quite a while. This is an exciting project as it has
the potential to improve NameNode's throughput by 40%.

HDFS-14703 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-14703> NameNode
Fine-Grained Locking

Access instruction, and the past sync notes are available here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jXM5Ujvf-zhcyw_5kiQVx6g-HeKe-YGnFS_1-qFXomI/edit?usp=sharing

Reminder: We have Bi-weekly Hadoop storage online sync every other
Wednesday.
If there are no objections, I'd like to move the time to 10AM US pacific
time (GMT-8)

Re: Hadoop storage community online sync

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
Great question!
Currently Pacific Daylight Saving Time is UTC-7, and Pacific Standard Time,
UTC-8 doesn't start until November 3rd.
I am being too US-centric, but if the purpose is to invite more people,
where many of them are US west coast based, we should do this following the
US pacific time zone (probably more specifically, California)

So GMT-7 it is.

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
Great question!

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.
Great question!

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 for publishing notes.  Thanks!

On Aug 21, 2019, at 4:16 PM, Aaron Fabbri <aj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you Wei-Chiu for organizing this and sending out notes!

Posted by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aaron Fabbri <aj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aaron Fabbri <aj...@gmail.com>.