Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Thilo Tanner <tt...@astina.ch> on 2008/12/03 23:49:13 UTC

[T5]: RESTful "File" Extensions (Multiple Templates per Page)

Hi All,

I have a question concerning T5 and RESTful URLs:
We'd like to create RESTful URLs with virtual "file" extension like:

/articles/1.html
/articles/1.json
/articles/1.pdf

It would be perfect to have just one page class (e.g.
pages/articles/Edit.java) and several templates like:

articles/Edit.tml or articles/Edit.html.tml
articles/Edit.json.tml
articles/Edit.pdf.tml

and the possibility to define handlers for the different content types, so
for example if the user wants to load 1.pdf the template Edit.pdf.tml gets
executed (and creates for example a xsl-fo xml) and before deliviering to
the browser a handler takes the xml and convert it with apache fop to PDF
and streams the result to the browser.

Is something like this possible with Tapestry 5? I'm quiet new to T5 but if
someone can give me a hint where to start, I appreciate to write an
extension and contribute it to the community.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best,
Thilo