Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/20 05:16:04 UTC

maven-jar-plugin-3.0.0 compatiblity/regression?

Hi

My jar project can also create RPM via rpm-maven-plugin:attach-rpm now
throws this error

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:3.0.0:jar
(project-jar-for-docker) on project xxx: You have to use a classifier
to attach supplemental artifacts to the project instead of replacing
them. -> [Help 1]

This is a valid use case where I can have mutiple artifact extensions
without the need to use classifiers

The release notes of jar plugin 3.0.0 also not mentioned about this

I hope this is not intentional

My appology, i should have tested the during its voting period

Thanks

-Dan

Re: maven-jar-plugin-3.0.0 compatiblity/regression?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot!
will wait for the updated version :)
not sure how plugin in eclipse can be updated with snapshot version :(

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> I've already created an issue for m2e:
>
> https://github.com/tesla/m2eclipse-mavenarchiver/issues/8
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>
> On 5/23/16 5:54 AM, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
>
>> Hello Karl,
>>
>> do I need to create JIRA issue? or maybe you can point me to the correct
>> tracker I can file issue against m2e?
>>
>> On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 1:11 AM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>>

>>> On 5/20/16 7:20 AM, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
>>>
>>> I got following errors in eclipse:

>>> This is a problem in M2E ...
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Karl Heinz Marbaise

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: maven-jar-plugin-3.0.0 compatiblity/regression?

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Karl,

wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On 5/20/16 7:20 AM, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
>
>> I got following errors in eclipse:
>>

>> org.apache.maven.archiver.MavenArchiver.getManifest(org.apache.maven.project.MavenProject,
>> org.apache.maven.archiver.MavenArchiveConfiguration) pom.xml
>> /openmeetings-core line 1 Maven Configuration Problem
>>
>> command line build works as expected
>>

> This is a problem in M2E ...
>
> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>

>> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 11:16 AM, Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>>
>>> My jar project can also create RPM via rpm-maven-plugin:attach-rpm now
>>> throws this error
>>>
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:3.0.0:jar
>>> (project-jar-for-docker) on project xxx: You have to use a classifier
>>> to attach supplemental artifacts to the project instead of replacing
>>> them. -> [Help 1]
>>>

>>> This is a valid use case where I can have mutiple artifact extensions
>>> without the need to use classifiers
>>>

>>> The release notes of jar plugin 3.0.0 also not mentioned about this
>>>

>>> I hope this is not intentional
>>>

>>> My appology, i should have tested the during its voting period
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> -Dan

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: maven-jar-plugin-3.0.0 compatiblity/regression?

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: maven-jar-plugin-3.0.0 compatiblity/regression?

Posted by ec...@zusammenkunft.net.
Hello,

It might be a possible usecase to differentiate by extension, but if you want to follow the pure maven model just use an classifier which is used in the repo.

Gruss
Bernd

--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Awesome, case closed :)

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Dan,
On 5/20/16 10:26 PM, Dan Tran wrote:
> I meant appassemble-maven-plugin.

Ah sorry could have imagined that myself...

> very likely the error is from the fix of
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAR-198
>
> For now, I will need to use antrun to copy the local primary jar to the
> place I need. Maybe,  appassemble should do this for me
>

> btw, if have RPM module but does invocation of 2 jar goals. Would that
> cause an issue?

If you run the jar goals without defining a classifier than yes...I
assume you used the jar goal ?

That's not a issue it prevents bad things which means simply replacing
primary artifact without knowing it...

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Dan,

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
sorry about the noise, my pom also calls

      <!-- add main jar to staging -->
      <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>project-jar-for-rpm</id>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>jar</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>

<outputDirectory>${rpm.staging.directory}/lib</outputDirectory>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

to push the main jar to another directory consumed by rpm-m-p, that
triggers this issue

Looks like I have to use antrun instead. Ouch!!

-Dan