Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Shryock, Chad" <ch...@eds.com> on 2002/11/25 19:07:25 UTC

Forwards and Frames

Hello,

Background information: I have a page split into two frames, top and bottom.
I have a form in the top part, that displays a list of messages.  The user
then selects the messages they want displayed and they press a button and
the button forwards the information to the bottom form? How do I do this in
the Action Class? Or what should I search under? I have "Mastering Jakarta
Struts" and "Struts in Action" to look into this, I just don't know what it
is called.

Thanks,
Chad Shryock.

RE: Forwards and Frames

Posted by Kristian Duske <ml...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

> Background information: I have a page split into two frames, top
> and bottom.
> I have a form in the top part, that displays a list of messages.  The user
> then selects the messages they want displayed and they press a button and
> the button forwards the information to the bottom form? How do I
> do this in
> the Action Class? Or what should I search under? I have "Mastering Jakarta
> Struts" and "Struts in Action" to look into this, I just don't
> know what it
> is called.

This is more an HTML question than a Struts question. You have to specify
the target-Attribute for the html:form tag, very much like in HTML:

The value of this attribute is the name of the bottom frame, as specified in
your frameset:

<frameset ...>
	<frame name="top" ...>
	<frame name="bottom" ...>