Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by ski n <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/14 15:49:05 UTC

Processor convert between data formats / Community repository

Hi all,

I made a DocConverter to convert between different data formats
(XML,JSON,CSV,YAML). For those interested there is also a NiFi Processor:

https://github.com/assimbly/convertdataformat
https://github.com/assimbly/docconverter

I also wondered if there is a repository or list where to place
cummunity/custom NiFi processors. Where you provide things like:

        - Documentation
        - Link to code
        - Nar file

I only now about https://github.com/jfrazee/awesome-nifi where a lot of
custom processor are placed. But that is not actively maintained.

Would it be an idea to add a community repository where one could download
custom processors (or more exotic processor not part of default
distribution/core)
directly for the NiFI GUI (similar to for example Jenkins plugins)?

Raymond

Re: Processor convert between data formats / Community repository

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raymond,

Thanks for sharing.

Currently we don't really have a great way to keep track of custom
NARs that live outside of the main distribution. However, the
community is working on adding extension bundles to NiFi Registry, and
eventually there would likely be a publicly available NiFi Registry
where community members could upload their extensions, and other users
could find them from their NiFi instance. This vision is still a
little while away, but I think we can get to a place where it works
similar to other plugin systems like you mentioned.

Thanks,

Bryan