Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vkondraschenko <vk...@griddynamics.com> on 2017/10/24 10:29:00 UTC

OBDC Ignite driver error in MS Excel: ODBC version is not supported

I am trying to use the ODBC Ignite driver from MS Excel 2010 (importing data
from the ODBC data source), but it fails to connect with the message "ODBC
version is not supported".

OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Client: MS Excel 2010 64-bit
ODBC driver:
apache-ignite-fabric-2.2.0-bin\platforms\cpp\bin\odbc\ignite-odbc-amd64.msi
Error message: ODBC version is not supported

I see similar reported issues for other clients. Could you please clarify
how to get around the problem?

Re: OBDC Ignite driver error in MS Excel: ODBC version is not supported

Posted by vkondraschenko <vk...@griddynamics.com>.
Igor, thank you for assistance in clarifying this issue. It really seems to
be specific to configuration of Excel ODBC connections rather than
specifically Ignite ODBC driver.

Re: OBDC Ignite driver error in MS Excel: ODBC version is not supported

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
Well, as I said, according to logs, ODBC driver is trying to establish
connection to the node and fails. Of course it can not query for any
data as it can not establish connection to cluster. You need to make
sure there is a node, ODBC driver can connect to.

Best Regards,
Igor

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
Ok, It seems like the first message just was not showed to you by
UI. The message is "Failed to establish connection with the host".

Please, make sure that Ignite Node is up and reachable with the
DSN you are specifying.

Best Regards,
Igor

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 3:18 PM, vkondraschenko <

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Can you provide a log file?
You can find how to enable ODBC logging here - [1].

[1] -
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSULQD_7.2.1/com.ibm.nz.datacon.doc/t_datacon_enabling_odbc_logging_win.html

Best Regards,
Igor

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 1:29 PM, vkondraschenko <