Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Swavek Skret <sw...@appliedbroadband.com> on 2007/08/17 19:47:40 UTC

Originating IP Address

Hello,

I have a multiple IP addresses on my deployment computer and bind Tomcat to
one of the virtual IP addresses (server.xml file address attribute for Http
Connector). This setting defines the inbound routing: only the virtual IP
address destined traffic gets to Tomcat.

However any traffic originating from my axis2 application deployed on Tomcat
has the originating IP address of physical IP address of my deployment
computer and not the virtual IP address. Does anyone know how to configure
the originating IP address of the outbound traffic to be that of the virtual
IP address?

Thanks,

Swavek

Re: Originating IP Address

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Swavek Skret wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a multiple IP addresses on my deployment computer and bind Tomcat to
> one of the virtual IP addresses (server.xml file address attribute for Http
> Connector). This setting defines the inbound routing: only the virtual IP
> address destined traffic gets to Tomcat.
>
> However any traffic originating from my axis2 application deployed on Tomcat
> has the originating IP address of physical IP address of my deployment
> computer and not the virtual IP address. Does anyone know how to configure
> the originating IP address of the outbound traffic to be that of the virtual

Add the following parameter into axis2.xml with the value you want ,
then it will generate the correct address.

<parameter name="hostname" locked="true">myhost.com</parameter>

Thanks
Deepal

Re: Originating IP Address

Posted by david <da...@davidwbrown.name>.
Hello Swavek, my guess is a lot of people are wondering what type of <box> your deployment is running? Hardware is not crucial but you should reply with something like the following:

OS: rh7.2 or WIN2003/2008 or Solaris or some OS.
Tomcat: 5.x.x
Network: eth0 -> 192.168.1.1, eth0:0 -> 192.168.1.2(virtual), eth1 -> 192.168.1.3
Hosts file: 192.168.1.1 swavek, 192.168.1.2 devbox
Hostname: swavek
DNS: swavek.zone (master), devbox.zone (slave)
nameservers: ns.swavek.?

HTH, David

Swavek Skret wrote ..