Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Doug Schaible <do...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/21 17:28:05 UTC

Location of javax.xml.namespace.QName

Good Afternoon All,

Using Axis2 and wsdl2java I have created stub classes for connecting to a
.net service.  When I try to build the code that it generated I get lots of
errors like the ones below.  I have added all of the Jar files from the
Axis2 lib directory to my class path, but the error continues.

Can anyone tell me what jar file class javax.xml.namespace.QName is in?  I
did do a Google search, but non of the jars that I downloaded had any impact
on the errors.

Thanks,
Doug

    [javac] /ServiceServiceSoapStub.java:1479: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : constructor QName (java.lang.String,java.lang.String,
java.lang.String)
    [javac] location: class javax.xml.namespace.QName
    [javac]                 public static final
javax.xml.namespace.QNameMY_QNAME = new
javax.xml.namespace.QName(

[javac]
^
    [javac] /ServiceServiceSoapStub.java:1578: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method getPrefix ()
    [javac] location: class javax.xml.namespace.QName
    [javac]                 java.lang.String prefix = parentQName.getPrefix
();

Re: Location of javax.xml.namespace.QName

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Axis2 comes with

lib\xml-apis-1.3.03.jar

This contains the j.x.n.QName class you need.
WSDL2Java usually generates a build.xml file. If you have ant on your
system (ant.apache.org) and you have set AXIS2_HOME in your
environment then you should be able to build the stubs and your client
code just by typing:
> ant

Paul

--