Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Paolo Sommaruga <ps...@garda-access.com> on 2000/05/18 20:02:14 UTC

Loop without end in the .java files generation

I have a very strange problem with tomcat 3.1 (release version, both binary and
compiled) and the all recently nightly version when calling a jsp page.
The browser wait indefinitevely and the .java generated servlet in the work
dir grows indefinitevely (it reach 40/50 MB very quickly) with out.write
repeted in. (i.e the snoop example is fulll of

out.write("<html>\r\n<!--\r\n  Copyright (c) 1999 The Apache Sof
tware Foundation.  All rights \r\n  reserved.\r\n-->\r\n\r\n<body bgcolor=\"whit
e\">\r\n<h1> Request Information </h1>\r\n<font size=\"4\">\r\nJSP Request Metho
d: ");
out.write("<html>\r\n<!--\r\n  Copyright (c) 1999 The Apache Software Foundation
.  All rights \r\n  reserved.\r\n-->\r\n\r\n<body bgcolor=\"white\">\r\n<h1> Req

I have this problem in three Solaris 7 intel box with Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_05

In one box I have an old tomcat 3.1 Beta Version (02/26) which works correctly.

Please, I need some help, I need to upgrade tomcat

Thanks

			Paolo Sommaruga

			Garda Access
			Garda (Vr), Italy
			http://www.garda-access.com/

Re: Loop without end in the .java files generation

Posted by Elijah Roberts <er...@alexandriasc.com>.
At Friday, 5/19/2000 02:38 PM, Mark Brouwer wrote:
>This surprises me, we are running Tomcat 3.1 final in a large production
>environment on Solaris 7 Sparc (11/9 I think) with Reference JDK
>1.2.2_005 and never encountered the problem above (fingers crossed right
>now :-) However we do have our problems, but these I could hack or work
>around.
>
>At home I have just installed a Solaris 8 Intel box, will give it a try
>there, maybe it is just the JDK for Intel.
>--
>Mark Brouwer

Yes, sorry I left that out. I have only experienced or heard of this with
Intel. Also I am using the production JDK not the reference, but I don't
know if that matters or not.

Elijah Roberts
Java Consultant
eroberts@alexandriasc.com

Re: Loop without end in the .java files generation

Posted by Mark Brouwer <ma...@virgil.nl>.
Hi,

Posted by Elijah Roberts <er...@alexandriasc.com>.
At Thursday, 5/18/2000 02:02 PM, Paolo Sommaruga wrote:
>I have a very strange problem with tomcat 3.1 (release version, both
>binary and
>compiled) and the all recently nightly version when calling a jsp page.
>The browser wait indefinitevely and the .java generated servlet in the work
>dir grows indefinitevely (it reach 40/50 MB very quickly) with out.write
>repeted in. (i.e the snoop example is fulll of ...
><snip>
>I have this problem in three Solaris 7 intel box with Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_05

Yes, I have this problem also as do some others. From what I have gathered
in the past, Tomcat 3.1 does not work with Solaris and JDK 1.2.2_05. I
don't think I have seen anyone post that it works for them. A lot of people
use JDK 1.2.1_04 with Tomcat 3.1 with no problems. And yes, it also worked
fine for me with 3.1 beta. It stopped working with RC1. I have been running
Tomcat on my Windows 2000 box in the mean time while I wait for either a
JDK 1.3 beta from Sun or for Tomcat 3.2 to try it again.

I cross posted this response to tomcat-user in case anyone has similiar
questions or experiences as it seems a more appropriate place for this.

Elijah Roberts
Java Consultant
eroberts@alexandriasc.com
606-816-1186

Re: Loop without end in the .java files generation

Posted by Elijah Roberts <er...@alexandriasc.com>.