Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mr Debasis <de...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/20 16:53:47 UTC

Problem in Using POM inheritance

Hi All,
 I am using pom inheritance.having 7 child project meaning 7 child pom.
 For every release i need to change the version no in every pom including
parent.
 But I want to change only in the parent by which child should inherit by
default.

 if all the child pom has to mention the partnt like below.

  <parent>
    <groupId>com.arisglobal.aglite</groupId>
    <artifactId>aglite-parent</artifactId>
   <version>3.0.0.0.RC9</version>
    <relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
    </parent>

   i don't want the version tag to include there other wise i need 2 change
in all the child pom.
   is there any way by which we will write the parent section without the
version in the child pom like

   <parent>
    <groupId>com.arisglobal.aglite</groupId>
    <artifactId>aglite-parent</artifactId>
    <relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
    </parent>

  by which i can only change the version in parent pom.I tried but it is not
working.
  is there anything i am missing?

Thanks,
Debasis

Re: Problem in Using POM inheritance

Posted by Jim Sellers <ji...@gmail.com>.
Another suggestion would be the versions plugin [1]
http://mojo.codehaus.org/versions-maven-plugin/update-child-modules-mojo.html

Jim

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.