Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by nitheeshkl <ni...@intel.com> on 2013/06/21 09:40:20 UTC

problem with using stomp and mqtt with activemq

hi,

I'm developing applications that uses both stomp and mqtt protocols to
communicate with the broker. client using stop subscribe to topics as
"/topic/foo/bar/data". Client using mqtt subscribes to topics as
"foo/bar/data". The problem is that for mqtt subscriptions, activemq is
automatically converting "/" to "." i.e "foo/bar/data" becomes
"foo.bar.data". So on the server, two topics are created, one with "/" and
one with "." . Because of this the two clients are not able to communicate
data with each other.

Is there a way to make activemq to not convert "/" to "." automatically?
Or is there any other mecahnisms to make this connumication between the two
clients successful ?

PS: I've tried using "." for the stomp
topics...like.."/topic/foo.bar.data"...this way works fine but i would like
to maintain "/" itself instead of the "."

Re: problem with using stomp and mqtt with activemq

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

the thing is that activemq and mqtt (and stomp) use different character for
the wildcards

In my opinion the stomp also should transform destination names in a
similar fashion as matt. You can raise Jira for that.

In the meantime, take a look at <destinationPathSeparatorPlugin/> described

http://activemq.apache.org/wildcards.html

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac