Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org> on 2014/11/19 19:20:28 UTC

Start developing on Struts3

Hi,

what you all think about starting with Struts3 and creating a brunch
directly after next 2.3.x release and create only maintenance releases for
Struts 2.3.

I personal think we should skip plans for 2.5 [1] and better concentrate on
creating a new major release.

Best Regards

Johannes

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Struts+Next

web: http://www.jgeppert.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/jogep

Re: Start developing on Struts3

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
I hope Lukasz agrees. First order of business for me is updating the
package name to struts3 and updating the POM versions.

Cheers,
Paul

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
struts-site migrated

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=struts-site.git

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> I agree with the step by step approach. With GIT, each step can be a
> deveopment branch. It wouldn't make sense for all us all to do major
> refactoring in one branch. We need to lay out milestones on the wiki and
> merge in our work to the official struts3 branch when ready.

Yeah, exactly - we must prepare a more detailed plan than that one [1]
as there even task that can not be performed in parallel, ie.: merging
xwork into core and renaming packages, even with Git on board it would
be suicide ;-)

I've started extending [1]

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.