Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Sergey Mamitko <sm...@isd.dp.ua> on 2008/06/03 12:58:20 UTC

Migration from mina 1.1.X to 2.0.X

Hello

I have a lot of code which uses mina 1.1.X.
JDK: java 1.5+
OS:  Windows, Unix

And now it was decided to create additional feature - implementation of serial communication.
According to your tutorials it is possible to create serial communication using mina 2.0
I downloaded appropriate version of mina and tried to apply to existing code but failed.
New version has different API. Correct?
If yes, what is there easy way to migrate from mina 1.1.X to 2.0.X

And second question: is this true that latest stable release Apache MINA 2.0.0-M1 (Java 5+) doesn't contain serial communication functionality.
Because I found it only under SNV repository.

Thank you in advance.

Sergey Mamit'ko

Re: Migration from mina 1.1.X to 2.0.X

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Hi, no plan for serial on 1.X but serial communication is quite a simple
transport, you could try to do the backport it by yourself.

Julien

Posted by Sergey Mamitko <sm...@isd.dp.ua>.
Ok. Thank you for your help.

Posted by Eero Nevalainen <ee...@indagon.com>.