Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Dorin Manoli <Do...@dataireland.ie> on 2006/10/19 16:46:39 UTC

MySQL

iBATIS is slower with MySQL provider that MSSQL .. does anyone accouter
such problem?

Re: MySQL

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
I've seen a post for someone who is working around that by splitting
the database over multiple servers. Evidentally, there's nothing in
the license agreement that prevents that sort of things. I believe it
was on Euan Garden's blog, but it seems to be down this morning.

http://blogs.msdn.com/euanga/archive/2006/03/09/545576.aspx

Other items Euan's blog (when it comes back up)  might assuage some
managerial concerns.

-Ted.

On 10/31/06, Dorin Manoli <Do...@dataireland.ie> wrote:

> Yes. I'm evaluating it now. It is good enough. Unfortunately my managers
> aren't happy, don't know why, I think they are afraid by database size
> limitation.
> On 10/19/06, Dorin Manoli <Do...@dataireland.ie> wrote:
> > Thanks dude. ! I agree with you, cause of costs cut, we decided to
> move to a
> > free database.
>
> Have you tried SQL Server Express?
>
> * http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/default.aspx
>
> -T.

-- HTH, Ted.
* http://www.husted.com/struts/

RE: MySQL

Posted by Dorin Manoli <Do...@dataireland.ie>.

Re: MySQL

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

RE: MySQL

Posted by Anthony <an...@mevspc.com>.
There are definitely performance gains by using MS SQL or Oracle for
that matter over MySQL. But taking a performance hit for cost sometimes
can be justified. Even though you are using the same queries, sometimes
they will often not run the same (as far as query execution) across
different DBMS servers. Sometimes tweaking a query differently on
different DBMS will make one out perform the other and vice versa. The
only time I have ever gotten MySQL to crash was with poor queries. MySQL
also does offer Enterprise versions, which I have never tinkered with,
they __COULD__ essentially be the same code base, but Enterprise may
have some enhancements to survive Enterprise level datasets.

Just my 2 cents.

I am new to iBatis, but so far, in my usage, it beats the crap out of
the relational mapper we are currently using at my work (Wilson OR
Mapper)

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Oh....

RE: MySQL