Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by velocity <ve...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/26 09:06:44 UTC

logging in a remoting scenario

Hi. I'm quite new to log4net and just using it for simple situations.
My question is on the possibility of capturing logging events across
processes (remoting in .NET)

I would want to be able to log messages from AppA running on my local
machine and also log messages from RemoteAppB running on a different
machine where the log events for both are recorded in one log file on
my local machine.

I've seen the remoting appenders and went though the samples. Is this
the only way? that is have my local machine act as a remoting server
and the remote machine as the remoting client?

Is there a better alternative?

thanks,

Joben