Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Stefan Günst <st...@me.com> on 2021/08/18 15:19:16 UTC

Significance of featuresBootAsynchronous - can you explain?

Hello,

can anyone explain what this is for/what it does and why it is default = false.
We have situations where it helps to start our distribution without any errors if we set this to „true“ in org.apache.karaf.features.cfg

Any risk to set it to true?

Stefan

Re: Significance of featuresBootAsynchronous - can you explain?

Posted by Stefan Günst <st...@me.com>.
Hi,

can’t nobody give us a hint?

Regards

Stefan

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

The karaf-maven-plugin can take a features.xml as « template » where only the actual version will be populated with your pom dependencies set.

Generally speaking, it’s the same as using the maven interpolation (it’s this approach we are using in Karaf itself).
IMHO, you have more control and it’s easier to use maven interpolation with your features XML:

https://github.com/apache/karaf/tree/main/assemblies/features/standard

Regards
JB

Posted by Steven Huypens <st...@gmail.com>.