Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vince Marco <vm...@mac.com> on 2003/08/07 21:28:41 UTC

Re: PropertySelection from Session......resolution

Ok, we got it to work.  It turns out to be an equals thing caused by a
legacy database using char fields instead of varchar.  Strings end up
getting padded and therefore are not equal.  Isn't it always the simple
things that really bite.  :-)

I wish Hibernate had a flag in their mapping for automatically trimming
fields.  I'm on my way over there to make the feature request.  We
worked around it by adding a second set of accessors per padded field.

So we are now able to directly bind to the visit object and don't even
need a property.  This is how I expected Tapestry to work.  I'm glad it
was my problem.

Thanks for all the help.

Vince