Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Andrei Sereda <an...@sereda.cc> on 2020/08/13 15:07:21 UTC

[DISCUSS] Open SVN dist access to committers

Hello,

For the last two releases ([1] and [2]) committers were not able to
finalize the release due to SVN restrictions. One of the PMC members had to
step in order to distribute the artifacts.

By default, only PMCs are allowed to make changes to dist
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/calcite/> SVN repository.

This can be changed
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20681?focusedCommentId=17177075&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-17177075>.
According to INFA:

> A link on this Jira to an email discussion where it is approved will be
fine

PMCs please vote on this proposal.

Thanks,
Andrei.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rbd84cf78ef250685a05fdb9c70708daa6558619093f510d27aabc1af%40%3Cdev.calcite.apache.org%3E
[2]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ra180b94d785d5575558ab10d919521a6395fcce8899ed1dcda78d004%40%3Cdev.calcite.apache.org%3E

Re: [DISCUSS] Open SVN dist access to committers

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.
Awesome! It really helps for the committers as release manager.

Best,
Chunwei

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebbaz <se...@apache.org>.
If you trust a committer enough to do release management, why are they not on the PMC?

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ruben Q L <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Rui Wang <am...@apache.org>.