Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Rafiq Ismail (ADMIN)" <ra...@joshua.dreamthought.com> on 2002/11/12 17:29:19 UTC

More Segfaultage - FreeBSD, building apache, ssl, mod_perl from ports

I'm a bit irritated by FreeBSD ports at the moment and need somoene to
shine some light.  I need to build Apache from ports on a BSD box - it has
to be from ports - but i don't want to include mod_perl in as a dso.
Thus, I'd like to go to ports and 'Make' with a bunch of options which
will compile mod_perl straight into my apache1.3-ssl package.  Having run
make on www/apache1.3-ssl and www/mod_perl, all I get is segfaults.  I
simply want to run one make to build it in one go.

How???

I'm sure that the BSD users amoungst you have all done it 101 times.

Help please?

Cheers,

Rafiq

Re: More Segfaultage - FreeBSD, building apache, ssl, mod_perl from ports

Posted by Ed <en...@fldna.net>.
On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 04:29:19PM +0000, Rafiq Ismail (ADMIN) wrote:
> I'm a bit irritated by FreeBSD ports at the moment and need somoene to
> shine some light.  I need to build Apache from ports on a BSD box - it has
> to be from ports - but i don't want to include mod_perl in as a dso.
> Thus, I'd like to go to ports and 'Make' with a bunch of options which
> will compile mod_perl straight into my apache1.3-ssl package.  Having run
> make on www/apache1.3-ssl and www/mod_perl, all I get is segfaults.  I
> simply want to run one make to build it in one go.
>
> How???
>
> I'm sure that the BSD users amoungst you have all done it 101 times.
>
> Help please?

Attached is a port i use for OpenBSD. (It needs cleaning, but works for me)

There are a bunch of "customizations" but some key points to the Makefile are:

DISTFILES=
PATCH_LIST_SUP=
FAKE_FLAGS=
post-patch:

Ed.

Re: More Segfaultage - FreeBSD, building apache, ssl, mod_perl from ports

Posted by "Rafiq Ismail (ADMIN)" <ra...@joshua.dreamthought.com>.
On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, Dominic Mitchell wrote:

> > I'm sure that the BSD users amoungst you have all done it 101 times.
>
> Nope, ports only supports mod_perl as a DSO.
oh, poop.

> The alternative is to use something like apache toolbox[1] to install it
> all in one go.  If you want to be sneaky, you can always get a list of
> files post-install and run it through pkg_create to fake up a package.
> It's what the ports makefile does for you behind your back, anyway...

Sounds fun.  I'll look into pkg_create.

Posted by Dominic Mitchell <do...@semantico.com>.
Rafiq Ismail (ADMIN) wrote:
> I'm a bit irritated by FreeBSD ports at the moment and need somoene to
> shine some light.  I need to build Apache from ports on a BSD box - it has
> to be from ports - but i don't want to include mod_perl in as a dso.
> Thus, I'd like to go to ports and 'Make' with a bunch of options which
> will compile mod_perl straight into my apache1.3-ssl package.  Having run
> make on www/apache1.3-ssl and www/mod_perl, all I get is segfaults.  I
> simply want to run one make to build it in one go.
>
> How???
>
> I'm sure that the BSD users amoungst you have all done it 101 times.

Nope, ports only supports mod_perl as a DSO.

You'd have to mess with www/apache13-ssl/Makefile to do otherwise.  It
might not be too difficult to do that, however.  You'd have to build
mod_perl from inside apache rather than the other way around though, I
suspect (without doing major contortions, anyway).

The alternative is to use something like apache toolbox[1] to install it
all in one go.  If you want to be sneaky, you can always get a list of
files post-install and run it through pkg_create to fake up a package.
It's what the ports makefile does for you behind your back, anyway...

-Dom

[1] http://www.apachetoolbox.com/

--
| Semantico: creators of major online resources          |
|       URL: http://www.semantico.com/                   |