Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ken Gentle <j....@acm.org> on 2003/02/08 03:23:13 UTC

Should CvsChangeLog extend AbstractCvsTask?

Well, I've got an edited version of CvsChangeLog that can handle the
"start" and "end" date parameters with a little more flexibility.

I've added an optional attribute, "pattern", which is expected to be a
SimpleDateFormat pattern string. I've modified the tasks "setStart" and
"setEnd" methods to have string parameters (as opposed to the "Date" they
currently have), and have taken steps to ensure the old behavior works.

So as I'm shamelessly stealing test case code from Stefan's
AbstractCvsTaskTest, I'm seeing that the ChangeLogTask depends completely
on the external environment for CVS parameters (CVSROOT, CVSPASS, etc).

Wouldn't it be desirable for the CvsChangeLog task to behave like the CVS
and CvsTagDiff tasks?

         Ken

J. Kenneth Gentle (Ken)    | Phone: (610) 255-0361
Gentle Software, LLC       | Email: j.kenneth.gentle@acm.org

Re: Should CvsChangeLog extend AbstractCvsTask?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Ken Gentle wrote:
> There's already a bug open on CvsChangeLog regarding it's date
> processing -- I was going to include the "upgrade" to the extension of
> the AbstractCvs class with those changes.
>
> Is that OK, or do you want another defect logged?  I don't mind
> submitting in stages.

In the existing one is fine. You may want to add yourself to the CC list.
I'll try to do some CVS testing soon.

Conor

Re: Should CvsChangeLog extend AbstractCvsTask?

Posted by Ken Gentle <j....@acm.org>.

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.