Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Vivekanand Ittigi <vi...@biginfolabs.com> on 2014/02/03 07:25:29 UTC

IndexOutOfBoundsException

Hi,

I'm getting IndexOutOfBoundsException error when I run below mentioned
query. I have attached entityDCPO.json file.

0: jdbc:drill:schema=jsonl> select * from "sample-data/entityDCPO.json";
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: index: 8, length: 4 (expected:
range(0, 8))
    at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.checkIndex(AbstractByteBuf.java:1130)
    at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.getInt(AbstractByteBuf.java:378)
    at
org.apache.drill.exec.vector.UInt4Vector$Accessor.get(UInt4Vector.java:188)
    at
org.apache.drill.exec.vector.VarCharVector$Accessor.get(VarCharVector.java:238)
    at
org.apache.drill.exec.vector.VarCharVector$Accessor.getObject(VarCharVector.java:258)
    at
org.apache.drill.exec.vector.NullableVarCharVector$Accessor.getObject(NullableVarCharVector.java:245)
    at org.apache.drill.sql.client.full.JsonHelper.get(JsonHelper.java:41)
    at
org.apache.drill.sql.client.full.BatchLoaderMap.getCurrentObject(BatchLoaderMap.java:112)
    at
org.apache.drill.sql.client.full.ResultEnumerator.moveNext(ResultEnumerator.java:51)
    at
net.hydromatic.optiq.runtime.ObjectEnumeratorCursor.next(ObjectEnumeratorCursor.java:44)
    at
net.hydromatic.optiq.jdbc.OptiqResultSet.next(OptiqResultSet.java:162)
    at sqlline.SqlLine$BufferedRows.<init>(SqlLine.java:2499)
    at sqlline.SqlLine.print(SqlLine.java:1886)
    at sqlline.SqlLine$Commands.execute(SqlLine.java:3835)
    at sqlline.SqlLine$Commands.sql(SqlLine.java:3738)
    at sqlline.SqlLine.dispatch(SqlLine.java:882)
    at sqlline.SqlLine.begin(SqlLine.java:717)
    at sqlline.SqlLine.mainWithInputRedirection(SqlLine.java:460)
    at sqlline.SqlLine.main(SqlLine.java:443)

But if I run other query say ( select _MAP['Nodetype'] as sourcevertex from
"sample-data/entityDCPO.json"; ) on the same JSON file, I can see the
correct output.

Is there any change i should make to work on with more range?

Thanks,
Vivek

Re: IndexOutOfBoundsException

Posted by Vivekanand Ittigi <vi...@biginfolabs.com>.
Hi Tim,

Thanks for responding.

Yes please, go ahead and send the patch I will look into into that and get
back to you.

Thanks,
Vivek

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.