Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Bengt Rasmusson <be...@kabkonsult.se> on 2003/08/07 07:55:22 UTC

Can't locate Apache/SessionX.pm *and* Apache::SessionX is installed

Hello,

When I restart Apache, to enable sesseion management, I get this kind of
error meassage in the embperl.log:

[108]ERR:  66:  Embperl Session handling DISABLED because of the following
error: Can't locate Apache/SessionX.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . /usr/apache/
/usr/apache/lib/perl) at (eval 10) line 3.

I have installed Apache::SessionX, but the SessionX.pm is found at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Apache. Do I need to change the @INC array in some
way? If so, how? If not, what is the problem? Maybe a misconfiguration in my
httpd.conf:

## Embperl Setup
PerlModule MD5
PerlModule Embperl
EMBPERL_USEENV on

#EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS no
#EMBPERL_LOG /usr/apache/logs/embperl.log
#EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.html

#Set up sessions
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_PATH /
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_EXPIRES +30m
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_COOKIE_NAME testcookie
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_CLASSES "MySQL Semaphore"
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_ARGS "DataSource=dbi:mysql:session UserName=xxx
Password=yyy"
#PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_MODE 2

    AddType text/html .epl
    <Files *.epl>
    SetHandler  perl-script
    PerlHandler Embperl
    Options     ExecCGI
    </files>

Bengt

Re: Can't locate Apache/SessionX.pm *and* Apache::SessionX is installed

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> When I restart Apache, to enable sesseion management, I get this kind of
> error meassage in the embperl.log:
>
> [108]ERR:  66:  Embperl Session handling DISABLED because of the following
> error: Can't locate Apache/SessionX.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . /usr/apache/
> /usr/apache/lib/perl) at (eval 10) line 3.
>
> I have installed Apache::SessionX, but the SessionX.pm is found at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Apache. Do I need to change the @INC array in some
> way?

No that correct, because Apache::SessionX is translated to Apache/SessionX.pm
in the file system, so Perl will find it with your @INC. Maybe some of the
dependcies of Apache::SessionX are missing. You can verify this by running
make test of Apache::SessionX and you should see a more verbose message

Gerald