Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org> on 2003/09/12 15:13:22 UTC

Can Maven auto-add XML dependencies?

Sometimes what happens in a project is that folks get used to working with
JDK 1.4, and forget to add the XML dependencies because JDK 1.4 already has
them.  It would be really nice if Maven could determine the version number
of the JVM (System.getProperty("java.runtime.version")), and if it is lower
than 1.4 automatically add the XML dependencies.

It would make *my* life easier.  Don't know about anyone else's though ;P

Re: Can Maven auto-add XML dependencies?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> What about people that want to use different XML parsers etc than those
> supplied with the JVM?
>
> And should we do the same for other stuff like XSL?

:)

All I wanted is for my build to continue to build even if the XML dependencies
are not there.  If there is something that satisfies it for me, then cool.
Really all that is needed for a build to continue working under JDK 1.3.1 is
the xml-utils.jar file as it has all the JAXP code.  As long as your project
(and all mine comply with this) interacts with parsers and transformers through
JAXP, all is well.

Re: Can Maven auto-add XML dependencies?

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting