Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Guenther Schreiner <gu...@ira.uka.de> on 1997/08/14 14:10:01 UTC

mod_proxy/994: Adding authentication "on the fly" through the proxy module

>Number:         994
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Adding authentication "on the fly" through the proxy module
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
For our users it would be a nice feature to use a proxy
(which use is restricted to the local domain) which does
an authentication in direction to the other hosts by itself
as we won't for example distribute access passwords for
support databases.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try to access parts of sunsolve1.sun.com without any valid password :)
>Fix:
Something similar like the mod_headers module -
but now for the outgoing proxy requests %2