Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by patrick <pr...@hotmail.com> on 2012/07/25 17:07:53 UTC

numFound inconsistent for different rows-param

hi,

i'm running two solr v3.6 instances:

rdta01:9983/solr/msg-core  : 8 documents
rdta01:28983/solr/msg-core : 4 documents

the following two queries with rows=10 resp rows=0 return different
numFound results which confuses me. i hope someone can clarify this
behaviour.

URL with rows=10:
-----------------
http://rdta01:9983/solr/msg-core/select?q=*:*&shards=rdta01%3A9983%2Fsolr%2Fmsg-core%2Crdta01%3A28983%2Fsolr%2Fmsg-core&indent=on&start=0&rows=10

numFound=8 (incorrect, second shard is missing)

URL with rows=0:
----------------
http://rdta01:9983/solr/msg-core/select?q=*:*&shards=rdta01%3A9983%2Fsolr%2Fmsg-core%2Crdta01%3A28983%2Fsolr%2Fmsg-core&indent=on&start=0&rows=0

numFound=12 (correct)

cheerio,
patrick

Re: numFound inconsistent for different rows-param

Posted by patrick <pr...@hotmail.com>.
i resolved my confusion and discovered that the documents of the second
shard contained the same 'unique' id.

rows=0 displayed the 'correct' numFound since (as i understand) there
was no merge of the results.

cheerio,
patrick