Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Coleman <jc...@traxtech.net> on 2008/02/18 18:31:51 UTC

Different plug in errors, same project

Having some major plug in execution issues.  Two developers, same
version of maven (2.0.8), same codebase, same POM, using the same
internal repository (archiva-based) that proxies/mirrors everything.

 From the command line, I can build perfectly, all tests pass, no
problem.  From eclipse (0.12 Maven Integration for Eclipse), I get:

Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.2:resources':
Unable to find the mojo 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-
plugin:2.2:resources' in the plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-
resources-plugin'
Trace:

Caused by:
org
.codehaus
.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Unable to lookup component 'org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojo', it could
not be started.
       role: org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojo
   roleHint: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:
2.2:resources
classRealm: /plugins/org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:
2.2@48
	at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.DefaultComponentLookupManager
.lookup(DefaultComponentLookupManager.java:155)
	at
org
.codehaus
.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:494)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.plugin
.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:714)
	... 7 more
Caused by:
org
.codehaus
.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLifecycleException:
Error starting component
	at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.component
.manager
.AbstractComponentManager
.startComponentLifecycle(AbstractComponentManager.java:140)
	at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.component
.manager
.AbstractComponentManager
.createComponentInstance(AbstractComponentManager.java:126)
	at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.component
.manager
.PerLookupComponentManager.getComponent(PerLookupComponentManager.java:
45)
	at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.DefaultComponentLookupManager
.lookup(DefaultComponentLookupManager.java:147)
	... 9 more
Caused by:
org
.codehaus
.plexus.personality.plexus.lifecycle.phase.PhaseExecutionException:
Unable to auto-configure component as its configurator could not be
found
	at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.personality
.plexus
.lifecycle.phase.AutoConfigurePhase.execute(AutoConfigurePhase.java:61)
	at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.lifecycle
.AbstractLifecycleHandler.start(AbstractLifecycleHandler.java:97)
	at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.component
.manager
.AbstractComponentManager
.startComponentLifecycle(AbstractComponentManager.java:136)
	... 12 more
The developer next to me gets the following on the command line:

Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.codehaus.mojo:hibernate3-maven-plugin:2.0:hbm2ddl': Unable to
find the mojo 'org.codehaus.mojo:hibernate3-maven-plugin:2.0:hbm2ddl'
in the plugin 'org.codehaus.mojo:hibernate3-maven-plugin'

His trace:

Caused by:
org
.codehaus
.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Unable to lookup component
'org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.codehaus.mojo:hibernate3-maven-plugin:
2.0:hbm2ddl', it could not be created
at
org
.codehaus
.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:335)
at
org
.codehaus
.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:440)
at
org
.apache
.maven
.plugin
.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:566)
... 18 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.ComponentInstantiationException:
Could not instanciate component: role: 'null', implementation:
'org.codehaus.mojo.hibernate3.exporter.Hbm2DDLExporterMojo'
at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.component
.factory
.java.JavaComponentFactory.makeException(JavaComponentFactory.java:77)
at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.component
.factory
.java.JavaComponentFactory.newInstance(JavaComponentFactory.java:62)
at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.DefaultPlexusContainer
.createComponentInstance(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:1464)
at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.component
.manager
.AbstractComponentManager
.createComponentInstance(AbstractComponentManager.java:93)
at
org
.codehaus
.plexus
.component
.manager
.PerLookupComponentManager.getComponent(PerLookupComponentManager.java:4
at
org
.codehaus
.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:331)
... 20 more

Running in offline mode does not change our problems.  Any thoughts?

John Coleman
TRAX Tech Services

Re: Different plug in errors, same project

Posted by John Coleman <jc...@traxtech.net>.
Errr, let me modify that a little.  Looks like the other developer is
not using the same code/pom, we'll resolve that shortly.

My issues still persist, but I can get around the error in Eclipse by
removing the wagon extension from the POM.

Coleman

John Coleman
TRAX Tech Services
434.509.0063 x116 (w)