Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/09 00:09:58 UTC

Re: [CORE PLUGINS][DISCUSS] Roadmap 2017

Deadline has passed for:

I believe I captured consensus in the issues as best I could. If there was
no consensus, the status quo prevails (KEEP).

Posted by Filip Maj <ma...@gmail.com>.
There is a clear path forward for most plugins. The plugins-next board
has ~60 issues to tackle to sunset, integrate and update 'em all. Lots
of work to do, but it should be healthy for the project.

One thing I wanted to point out is that the decision on the Dialogs
plugin has been waffling (full discussion in the issue [1]).
Initially, we had voted to keep + update to polyfill the HTML <dialog>
element. Turns out there is a Google-written polyfill out there
already [2]. Simon and I think we should switch the decision on this
plugin to "SUNSET", that is, announce that we will no longer be
maintaining the plugin, let the community take it over if they wish,
and toss up a blog post detailing how to transition to the <dialog>
element / leverage the polyfill if necessary.

If you have opinions on this, please chime in on the thread. On Monday
I'll move forward with formalizing the decision/tasks in there.

[2] https://github.com/GoogleChrome/dialog-polyfill

Posted by Filip Maj <ma...@gmail.com>.
Small update on this topic:

Posted by Kerri Shotts <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Filip Maj <ma...@gmail.com>.
By the way I think the details around how to handle INTEGRATED plugins
is the last discussion point left to clarify for the plugin audit /
core plugin roadmap next steps. After that we can start cranking on
the plugins and axing/updating/integrating them.

Posted by Filip Maj <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for all this work Fil!

Posted by Filip Maj <ma...@gmail.com>.