Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Stefano Ortona <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/13 16:11:07 UTC

Open Calais Annotator Configuration Parameter

Hi,

i'd like to use the Open Calais Annotator to analyze some text.I've never
used the open calais service before and i don't understand how to
configurate the parameter.
In the descriptor there are 2 parameters to be wrtitten:the licenseId (your
personal licence) and the submitter parameter,which i don't understand how
to configurate it.
Any ideas?
Thank you,

Stefano

Re: Open Calais Annotator Configuration Parameter

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pablo,
my idea on that point is that it would be a useful enhancement since
OpenCalais exposes more services and options than the ones we actually
manage in our OpenCalaisAnnotator.
Cheers,
Tommaso

Posted by Pablo Duboue <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Open Calais Annotator Configuration Parameter

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefano,
look here to see a list of the input parameters used by OpenCalais (as XML):
http://www.opencalais.com/documentation/calais-web-service-api/forming-api-calls/input-parameters
The 'submitter' is simply You who are submitting the API call.
If you take a look at the OpenCalaisAnnotator.java source code inside the
getConfigXML method you can make some modifications to the default values
and/or easily expose them on the descriptor if you like (not all of the
input parameters accepted by OpenCalais are exposed on the descriptor at the
moment).
Cheers
Tommaso