Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by suresh pendap <su...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/04 00:19:04 UTC

merge metrics not showing up in Jconsole

Hi,
I am using Solr version 6.6.0 and am following the document
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/metrics-reporting.html#index-merge-metrics
to enable Index merge metrics.

I have added the below config to my solrconfig.xml file

  <indexConfig>
    <metrics>
      <majorMergeDocs>524288</majorMergeDocs>
      <bool name="mergeDetails">true</bool>
      <bool name="directoryDetails">true</bool>
    </metrics>
  </indexConfig>

Then I restarted the solr servers.  I do see the INDEX merge metrics when I
use the REST API
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/metrics?wt=json&&group=core

However I do not see the INDEX category and the merge metrics in the
Jconsole window.

Is this a known issue?

Do I need to configure something else to be able to expose the Index Merge
metrics as JMX mbeans?

Thanks
Suresh

Re: merge metrics not showing up in Jconsole

Posted by suresh pendap <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I wanted to check if it is a known issue that the merge metrics are not
exposed as JMX beans.
Any one else in the community ran into this issue?

Thanks
Suresh

Posted by suresh pendap <su...@gmail.com>.