Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Van Tassell, Kristian" <kr...@siemens.com> on 2013/03/19 22:14:52 UTC

Getting back highlights almost always works...

...but I'm finding some examples where the stored text is so big (14,000 words) that Solr fails to highlight anything. But the data is definitely in the text field and is returning due to that hit.

Does anyone have any ideas why this happens?

RE: Getting back highlights almost always works...

Posted by "Van Tassell, Kristian" <kr...@siemens.com>.
That was it, thank you!

(13/03/20 6:14), Van Tassell, Kristian wrote:
> ...but I'm finding some examples where the stored text is so big (14,000 words) that Solr fails to highlight anything. But the data is definitely in the text field and is returning due to that hit.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas why this happens?

Probably you are missing hl.maxAnalyzedChars parameter?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HighlightingParameters#hl.maxAnalyzedChars

koji
--
http://soleami.com/blog/lucene-4-is-super-convenient-for-developing-nlp-tools.html

Re: Getting back highlights almost always works...

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.