Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/18 11:22:52 UTC

4.7.0 vote passed -> freeze is over

Committers, please keep in mind our quality standards when executing your
liberty to merge.

--
Daan

Re: 4.7.0 vote passed -> freeze is over

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.
There’s an important difference between “The RM merges to release branches” and “The RM should test everything on its own and then merge”. It’s more like the latter currently.

Unfortunately not many people review and test so this is not scalable. I will be offline next week only, so we should be OK. Currently I see no PRs that are ready for merge and contain new features. Worst case PRs have to wait ~10 days before they get merged. There will be no release anyway, so I don’t see the problem. If people do see a problem, then indeed it’d be nice to have multiple RMs.

About the number of open PRs: we should close old/inactive ones. I’d estimate that at least half of them can be closed, probably more. That’s also why the number grows: a certain % will never be merged because they are not ready and now stay open.

Still hoping we get proper Github access for Christmas :-) Then I can close them, alter titles, label them etc.

Regards,
Remi

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.