Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2004/08/01 11:24:15 UTC

Re: mod_cache: allowing urls ending in "/" to be cached

--On Friday, July 16, 2004 11:29 PM -0400 Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>
wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> I don't understand why mod_cache forcedly avoids caching URLs ending
>> with the "/" (slash) character.

Yah, when I went through mod_cache tonight, I tossed that same code, too.  I
agree that it was a pointless restriction.

> I played with this and like has already been pointed out, when mod_dir is
> loaded, the url is still not cached. So the question to answer is this... if
> mod_cache -and- mod_dir are enabled, does this patch cause any undesirable
> side effects? If the answer is no, then +1 on the patch.

The reason that mod_dir doesn't cache the result is that the internal_redirect
invocation of the handler doesn't call quick_handler.  I think that's bogus
and redirect should call quick_handler.  (And, adding that caused it to be
cached.)

Funny that this was brought up a few weeks ago and I tossed and fixed that
same bug independently tonight.  ;-)  Time for it to be doomed, I guess.
(Way, way behind on emails to dev@httpd - just reading this thread now.)  --
justin