Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Hanh-Missi Tran <Mi...@lifl.fr> on 2007/09/07 17:51:19 UTC

[SCXML] Question about

Hi

I have a first SCXML interpreter that invokes a second SCXML interpreter
that invokes a third one. What is it supposed to happen when an event is
raised by a <send> in the third SCXML engine ? Is the event supposed to
be fired in the three interpreters (that's what I understand from the WD) ?
Currently I manage only to fire the event in the second and the third
interpreters (I use the SCXMLExecutor instance of my second interpreter
in the SimpleScheduler instance of my third interpreter).

Re: [SCXML] Question about

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 9/7/07, Hanh-Missi Tran <Mi...@lifl.fr> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a first SCXML interpreter that invokes a second SCXML interpreter
> that invokes a third one. What is it supposed to happen when an event is
> raised by a <send> in the third SCXML engine ? Is the event supposed to
> be fired in the three interpreters (that's what I understand from the WD) ?
<snip/>

IMO, only the third. Using the SimpleSCXMLInvoker, events trickle down
(from parent state machine to invoked services) but do not bubble up.

> Currently I manage only to fire the event in the second and the third
> interpreters (I use the SCXMLExecutor instance of my second interpreter
> in the SimpleScheduler instance of my third interpreter).
<snap/>

That may be one way to handle this.

-Rahul