Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Anthony Salerno <as...@raywoodcommunications.com> on 2006/07/21 08:03:31 UTC

Can you mount a Repos as a windows directory?

Can you mount a Repos as a windows directory? This would great.

Anthony Salerno

Software Engineer - Raywood Communications Pty. Ltd.

Re: Can you mount a Repos as a windows directory?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 7/21/06, Anthony Salerno <as...@raywoodcommunications.com> wrote:

> Can you mount a Repos as a windows directory? This would great.

In theory, if you serve via Apache and enable WebDAV Autoversioning,
you can map the repository URL as a drive using WebDAV (which Windows
supports), and then any write to the "drive" will be automatically
committed.

In practice, I tried doing exactly this last week or the week before,
and couldn't get Windows to prompt me for credentials on the
repository, thus it wouldn't work for me.