Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by kumar kumar <ku...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/09/21 15:55:31 UTC

log4j implementation

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am working on J2EE project.There i am using different design
pattern in J2EE application.
1. Business Delegate
2. Session Bean/Entity Bean
3. DAO
4. Database

I am interested to use log4j. Please can you clarify me how  can i
handle exception and log them using log4j.
1. How i can configure the log4j?
2. Where should i place log4j.properties file?
3. Can i change the name of log4j.properties file?

Thanks & Regards
Kumar

Re: log4j implementation

Posted by Priya K <pr...@yahoo.com>.
Comments embedded.

--- kumar  kumar <ku...@rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am working on J2EE project.There i am using
> different design
> pattern in J2EE application.
> 1. Business Delegate
> 2. Session Bean/Entity Bean
> 3. DAO
> 4. Database
>
> I am interested to use log4j. Please can you clarify
> me how  can i
> handle exception and log them using log4j.
>>> Just catch the exception and log it. Eg: log.info(
msg, exception ).

> 1. How i can configure the log4j?
>>> Just as normal application using log4j.

> 2. Where should i place log4j.properties file?
>>> You can specify the location log4j.properties file
as part of startup path. eg:
-Dlog4j.configuration=c:/weblogic/config/log4j.properties

> 3. Can i change the name of log4j.properties file?
>
>>> Yes you can do that. Just point it to new the file
if passing as -D option.