Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Paul Chen <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/07 03:44:54 UTC

My Mina server got hung!

Hi, folks,

It took me by surprise that one of our production Mina-based server running
on Solaris10
hung, here is the story:

[1] The Mina-based server was good in production for few months with light
traffic,
taking requests from all over the Internet.

[2] When the traffic ramped up sharply lately, I begin to see it hung and I
had to bounce
it to revive it.

[3] When it is hung, from the log I saw:

 Only sessionCreated() event was triggered, no other events were triggered
at all, it
 stopped processing any new requests.

 Yes I do handle sessionIdle() event in my Mina handler. But even that Idle
event
  was  never tiggered.

  I just keep getting sessionCreated() event all the time, will try to
bounce it to see if
  the threads are dead in the thread pool?

Thanks for comments

Re: My Mina server got hung!

Posted by Paul Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Sure, will remember to make a thread dump next time it hangs...

Thanks

Re: My Mina server got hung!

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: My Mina server got hung!

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Jun 6, 2007, at 6:44 PM, Paul Chen wrote:
> [2] When the traffic ramped up sharply lately, I begin to see it
> hung and I
> had to bounce
> it to revive it.

Do a thread dump next time this happens. We can see what's going on
from that.
-pete