Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Manish Kutaula <ma...@tcs.com> on 2011/04/27 11:27:28 UTC

modify inetorgperson class to add new attributes

Hi,

I am using apacheds server and as my requirements i need some more
attributes to add to schema. For eg. i want email_work, email_home ,
manager(which will contain manager number) and some more attributes.

I am unable to figure out how to add these attributes to the schema.
Any references or documentation or suggestions will help.
thank you

Manish Kutaula
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: modify inetorgperson class to add new attributes

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
You should also apply to IANA for your own private enterprise number for any ldap attributes and object classes you create.  All attributes and object classes need a unique Id and you should not be using other companies number range.

It's free and takes a few weeks to get the application approved.

I just received our number today

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefano Gargiulo <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefano Gargiulo <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefano Gargiulo <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Linus van Geuns <li...@vangeuns.name>.
Hey Manish,

you should reate an own schema containing a custom object class which is
derived from 'inetOrgPerson' and adds the attributes you need.

This way all your entries can have objectClass 'inetOrgPerson' and your
derived class set, so software filtering for 'inetOrgPerson' will find your
entries while still being able to use your custom attributes.

Maybe this will help in the process of extendind schemas:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/schema.html

Regards, Linus

Re: modify inetorgperson class to add new attributes

Posted by Jim Willeke <ji...@willeke.com>.
Why not use an Aux Class?
http://ldapwiki.willeke.com/wiki/Auxiliary%20ObjectClass

-jim
Jim Willeke

Posted by Manish Kutaula <ma...@tcs.com>.
I tried it again after closing the directory studio and it works. Sometime
it acts weird.  btw thanks for the help

Manish Kutaula

From:
Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>
To:
users@directory.apache.org
Date:
04/28/2011 06:10 PM

On 4/28/11 1:40 PM, Manish Kutaula wrote:
> On importing the ldif file for extending the schema as given in this
blog
> post

http://hasini-gunasinghe.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-introduce-custom-attributes-to.html

Are you using ApacheDS ? Which version ?
> the ldif import from directory studio is giving a error "Error while
> importing".
You should provide the exact log and also the ldif file if you want us
to provide some help.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

=====-----=====-----=====

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manish Kutaula <ma...@tcs.com>.
On importing the ldif file for extending the schema as given in this blog
post
http://hasini-gunasinghe.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-introduce-custom-attributes-to.html

the ldif import from directory studio is giving a error "Error while
importing".
I want to check how the import works so i am using the same ldif file
given in the above link.
Any ideas, what could be possibly wrong.

Manish Kutaula

From:
Hasini Gunasinghe <ha...@wso2.com>
To:
users@directory.apache.org
Date:
04/27/2011 03:06 PM
Re: modify inetorgperson class to add new attributes

Hi Manish,

I have mentioned the steps I followed in achieving the requirement that
you
have mentioned, here [1]
Hope this helps.

[1]