Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/09/15 11:39:20 UTC

Webinars

We haven't had any webinars for a while.

Looking at the YouTube stats for the recordings we have had 5k+ views
across 5 webinars which in reality means more like 2.5k people watching
one for more than a few seconds and around 1k watching one to the end.

My view of those numbers is that the webinars are worth while and we
should try to do some more. The current ideas for future topics are
listed at [1]. Does anyone fancy presenting on one of those? Additional
topic suggestions welcome as well.

Mark

Re: Webinars

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@homeinbox.net>.
On 15 September 2016 17:37:38 BST, Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>Mark,
>
>On 9/15/16 7:39 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> We haven't had any webinars for a while.
>>
>> Looking at the YouTube stats for the recordings we have had 5k+ views
>> across 5 webinars which in reality means more like 2.5k people
>watching
>> one for more than a few seconds and around 1k watching one to the
>end.
>>
>> My view of those numbers is that the webinars are worth while and we
>> should try to do some more. The current ideas for future topics are
>> listed at [1]. Does anyone fancy presenting on one of those?
>Additional
>> topic suggestions welcome as well.
>
>I could do one or two.

Great.  What sort of dates/ times work for you? I'm happy to stay up fairly late to run it.

> Would Pivotal be willing to donate the Webex
>connectivity and recording for that?

Sure.

> I don't know how much
>post-processing you have done for previous webinar recordings, but I
>could conceivably do that myself if you have some suggestions for what
>to do -- other than of course removing all the lead time waiting for a
>few more people to connect, etc.

Very little. Mostly just format conversion which is more waiting than anything else. I'm happy to do that but I should write up the process somewhere.

>We might want to ask again on the users' list to see if anyone wants to
>add to the queue of topic.

Good idea. Go for it.

Mark

Re: Webinars

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mark,

On 9/15/16 7:39 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> We haven't had any webinars for a while.
>
> Looking at the YouTube stats for the recordings we have had 5k+ views
> across 5 webinars which in reality means more like 2.5k people watching
> one for more than a few seconds and around 1k watching one to the end.
>
> My view of those numbers is that the webinars are worth while and we
> should try to do some more. The current ideas for future topics are
> listed at [1]. Does anyone fancy presenting on one of those? Additional
> topic suggestions welcome as well.

I could do one or two. Would Pivotal be willing to donate the Webex
connectivity and recording for that? I don't know how much
post-processing you have done for previous webinar recordings, but I
could conceivably do that myself if you have some suggestions for what
to do -- other than of course removing all the lead time waiting for a
few more people to connect, etc.

We might want to ask again on the users' list to see if anyone wants to
add to the queue of topics.

Thanks,
-chris