Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Venkatesh <vr...@aol.com> on 2011/04/19 19:35:08 UTC

hbase 0.90.2 - incredibly slow response

Just upgraded to 0.90.2 from 0.20.6..Doing a simple put to  table (< 100 bytes per put)..
Only code change was to retrofit the HTable API to work with 0.90.2

Initializing HBaseConfiguration in servlet.init()...& reusing that config for HTable constructor & doing put

Performance is very slow 90% of requests are well over 2 sec..(With 0.20.6, 90% use to be < 10 milli sec)

I did run set_meta_memstore_size.rb as per the book..

Any help to debug is appreciated..I also see periodic pauses between hbase puts

thanks

Re: hbase 0.90.2 - incredibly slow response

Posted by Gaojinchao <ga...@huawei.com>.
It seem likes my case.
My test data:
Puts:75090 ops/s, average latency:2.7 ms.
scan:494 ops/s ,average latency:1356 ms.
(HMaster & 1 name node, 3 zoo keeper, 7 Region server/Data node)

about my test, some schema may be slower in version 0.90.2.

How do you design your schema?
If there is any hot spot, Please see Issue HBASE-3779 which may be help you.

Posted by Venkatesh <vr...@aol.com>.
 Thanks St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Venkatesh <vr...@aol.com>.
 I was hoping that too..
I don't have scripts to generate # requests from shell..I will try that..

I did n't pre-create regions in 0.20.6 & it handled fine the same load..
I'll try performance in 0.90.2 by precreating regions..

Would sharing a single HBaseConfiguration object for all threads hurt performance?

 frustrating..thanks for your help

Running same query from shell, it gives you same lag?

St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
0.90.2 should be faster.