Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Sand <rs...@idfconnect.com> on 2018/04/04 17:39:14 UTC

is it possible to use maven flatten plugin with maven shade plugin?

Hi all,

Has anyone tried using the MojoHaus flatten plugin in conjunction with
Maven shade plugin? The trick is to get the flatten plugin to flatten
the DRP after shading, instead of the original pom.

My goal is for the uber-jar to include a standalone POM that does not
reference any parent POM, but still includes any original dependencies
that were *not* shaded. So if the project has dependencies D1, D2, and
D3, and the shade plugin is configured to put D2 and D3 into the
uber-jar, then the DRP will contain only a dependency for D1. I then
want the flatten plugin to remove the parent information (and some of
the other stuff it removes) from the DRP, put the updated POM into the
uber-jar, and then we proceed to mvn install/deploy with the uber-jar
and flattened DRP.

I'm guessing doing this will require code changes in the flatten plugin,
but if there's a pure configuration way of achieving that would be
terrific.

Thanks for any input!

-Richard