Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Ben Keen <be...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/17 19:39:17 UTC

Fauxton: config/admin sections considered hazardous

Hi all,

Sorry if I’m late to the party on this one... just picking this up as I go.

The Fauxton config page - and anything relating to the config file in
Fauxton doesn’t work as you’d want in a clustered setup. This ticket points
that out and suggests removing the functionality for now:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-2390?filter=-3

Removing the functionality (or maybe sticking it in a boolean somewhere to
hide/show those features) is certainly an option. I was just wondering if
anyone had any thoughts about a better solution? Or maybe there's been some
discussions I could read up on?

UI-wise, there’s a few things I’d like to do with the config and users
sections in Fauxton, but obviously this needs to be figured out first.

Ben