Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by devichand saini <dc...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/07 09:35:01 UTC

mahout

Hi
   I am new to mahout.Can anyone tell me which configuration files of
mahout  I hav to modify to make it work.

Re: mahout

Posted by vineet yadav <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi devichand,
You can also look at Mahout in action first
chapter(http://www.manning.com/owen/Mahout_MEAP_CH01.pdf) as a
reference for Mahout installation.
Thanks
Vineet Yadav

Re: mahout

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Explain what?  Lots of people are willing to help here, but this question is
hard to understand what you want.

Re: mahout

Posted by vishnu krishnan <vg...@gmail.com>.
can u explain in details?

Re: mahout

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
I don't think so, but it is certainly something we could add in

-Grant

Re: mahout

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

Re: mahout

Posted by vishnu krishnan <vg...@gmail.com>.

Re: mahout

Posted by Dan Brickley <da...@danbri.org>.
On 7 March 2011 09:35, devichand saini <dc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I am new to mahout. Can anyone tell me which configuration files of mahout I have to modify to make it work.

I recommend working through the sample code included with the IBM
Developer Works article at
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-mahout/ (it's linked
from the end of the page, i.e.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-mahout/#download )

The recommender component also comes with enough documentation
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Recommender+Documentation)
to get running easily. And if you're serious about using Mahout,
definitely get the Mahout in Action book.

As the others said, it all depends what you're trying to achieve...

Dan

Re: mahout

Posted by Cristian Lai <cl...@crs4.it>.
I agree with Sean. Anyway, my experience started through the wiki, at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Mahout+Wiki. If not
yet done, it is necessary to point out installation and setup. Then, you
could go through the examples.

cristian

Re: mahout

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.