Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org> on 2017/02/20 21:26:40 UTC

2017-02-20: Hangout minutes

Hi,

todays hangout took place at around 830pm with Anatole, Oliver and me.

*getOrdinals*

Main topic was die discussion about getOrdinal() -
we discussed pros and cons of removing the method from the API.

The method getOrdinal() (without @Override) can still be used to induce
an order and use a self-written comparator when combining multiple
implementations - thus the API change is minor for clients.

Apart from the ordinal you may still want to use an int configuration
value as order.

Besides using the builder allows to explicitly set orders of your
configuration implementations.

As a side note: Anatole prepared necessary changes (code and docs)
already; so let's start an official vote before bringing these changes in.

*Webpage*

* proof-reading and updating the docs - work in progress (Anatole)
* fixed footer copyright year (me)

next week: 2017-02-27
* discussions about Metadata
* and release plan for 0.3