Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/06 06:47:02 UTC

Custom protocol for JMeter

Hi,

I'm looking at using JMeter for functional and load testing of an XMPP
server.  From what I've read, it seems that JMeter is designed to be
pluggable.  Could anyone point me towards docs/howto's on implementing
support for a new protocol?

Regards,
Vinod.

Re: Custom protocol for JMeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The HTTP Sampler is quite complicated - there are two of them, with a
common base class, and the GUI is very complicated.

You might find it easier to start with the TCP Sampler or the BeanShell sampler.

S.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.